Location: Valley Village
Schedule: M-F, 8-5
The Staff Accountant is an integral part of the Business Office, responsible for coordinating and assisting the Controller in the daily accounting functions of the Business Office (i.e. all aspects of processing accounts payable, accounts receivable, processing deposits, preparing various reports, daily filing, and other responsibilities assigned by the CFO and/or direct supervisor). The Staff Accountant is a member of the office staff and will report directly to the Controller and the Chief Financial Officer
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the assigned and essential functions.
- Receive invoices, code and post them to the correct GL Account, prepare Accounts Payable, disbursements, mail checks, and file backups in the vendor file (the full accounts-payable cycle);
- Handle accounting for the major Parent Association events, such as the Spring Event, Holiday Boutique, and others;
- Respond to parent billing inquiries and assist them with their accounting needs;
- Carry out additional responsibilities assigned in support of the CFO or Controller;
- Interact professionally with all school departments that are served by the Business Office;
- Work at after-hours school and Parent Association events, such as the Holiday Boutique, Open House, and other events as assigned;
- Reconcile the monthly statements for the school’s credit cards;
- Undertake other tasks or special projects assigned by the Administration;
- Assist in the front office;
- Student account billing and collection;
- Assist CFO and the Business Office in preparation for the annual audit, preparing audit lead schedules;
- Work for the Development department two hours a day performing the following tasks:
- Enter contributions and pledges into Senior Systems;
- Post pledge payments to Senior Systems;
- Prepare acknowledgment letters and mail them to donors;
- Prepare all periodic reports on contributions as required;
- Communicate all donor pledges and pledge payments to the Business Office.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with three years of experience preferably at an educational environment;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate knowledge in a variety of computer software applications;
- Excel, PowerPoint, Google drive, and financial information systems;
- Proficient in creating and merging DocuSign documents.
- Ability to analyze accounting data
- Be able to take a basic accounting and Excel test
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The ideal candidate must be able to complete all physical requirements of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org