Summertime — Monday to Friday, generally 7am-7pm with flex (hours may change as needed with the family’s summer schedule)
School year — 1pm to bedtime or when parents get home (could be earlier or later than bedtime)
Compensation: Up to $45/hour, DOE, Full health benefits, 1 week paid PTO
A warm and loving family in Venice is seeking an experienced, responsible, and caring individual to take care of their 7-year-old son (who’s got a surprising level of maturity for his age!). The main tasks include looking after the child’s well-being, personal space, belongings, and making sure he’s well-fed with nutritious food. You’ll also be responsible for coordinating activities, fostering a sense of community and social opportunities, and helping him develop new skills and independence. The family will appreciate someone who communicates their needs clearly and can manage supplies efficiently.
The ideal candidate would have a positive attitude, be health-conscious, curious, fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and have excellent communication skills. It’s important to be calm, patient, and good at resolving conflicts since this awesome 7-year-old can be quite spirited. And of course, valuing a healthy and nurturing environment and working together as a team is key.
- Providing age-appropriate care for the child, like feeding, dressing, hygiene, and supervising playtime.
- Planning and joining in educational activities and fun outings that encourage his physical, intellectual, and emotional growth.
- Managing his schedule, including drop-offs, pickups, and organizing after-school activities.
- Whipping up nutritious meals and snacks for him.
- Keeping his living areas tidy and organized, including his belongings and laundry. Although there’s a housekeeper who comes in five days a week, you may need to do some light housekeeping tasks, like tidying up common areas and taking care of the child’s dishes when needed.
- Regularly communicating with the parents about his progress, needs, and any issues that pop up.
- Building a positive, nurturing, and respectful relationship with the child and the family.
- Keeping track of supplies, doing the grocery shopping, and letting the parents or assistant know if anything is running low.
Safety is a top priority, so you’ll need to ensure the child is safe both at home and during outings. Sometimes, you might find yourself as the only adult at home in the evening with both children. If that happens, you’ll need to keep an eye on the baby through the baby monitor and make sure both kids are doing well until the parents come back.
- At least 5 years of experience working with young children.
- Knowledge of child development and fun activities suitable for their age.
- Great communication skills, being organized, and able to handle multiple tasks.
- Being a pro at conflict resolution.
- Flexibility with the schedule and open to occasionally working extra hours.
- Flexibility to travel with the family (valid passport required).
To apply for this job email your details to Ariana@TheGrapevineLA.com