Location: Austin, Texas *Family will assist with relocation, however this is NOT a live in position
Schedule: Primarily Monday-Friday, 7:30am-7:30pm. MUST be super flexible and open for long days/schedule changes.
Compensation: Competitive hourly rate, DOE, + OT, vacation, sick days, monthly health stipend
An amazingly kind and busy family in Austin, Texas is seeking a rockstar Nanny/Family Manager to join their home team! In this dynamic role, the candidate will be overseeing three wonderful children (ages 3, 5 and 9) while managing household tasks and leading a collaborative team (co-nanny and housekeeper), creating an efficient and smooth-running home.
The ideal candidate is a warm, kind, patient, professional with a proactive and self-starting attitude. They are innately helpful, upbeat with great energy, and have a genuine passion for nurturing children and supporting family well-being. The successful candidate will be exceptionally detail-oriented in all aspects of childcare and household management, an excellent communicator who thrives both as a team player and leader, aspiring to become an integral part of this loving family. A “No task too big or small” outlook is a vital quality for this role.
Given the busy careers of both parents and the children’s school/after school schedule, the candidate should be able to seamlessly transition between childcare and family/household assistant responsibilities. We would love to meet someone who has the ability to intuitively discern and proactively address the family’s needs. Daytime responsibilities will include running errands, grocery shopping, meal prep, keeping inventory of children’s needs/food, handling kids laundry, managing children’s wardrobes, organization projects, managing vendors, travel coordination, keeping track of household supplies, etc. Afternoons will primarily involve childcare duties, including school pickups, extracurricular coordination, playdate supervision, homework assistance, outdoor activities, and evening routines. Ideal candidates will have prior experience working in this capacity. This role is not for those unsure about their career path; rather, it is for someone eager to support the family’s growth and changes over the years. This is a dream job and dream family!
- Clean driving record and a very good driver
- Strong swimmer
- CPR & First aid certified
- Can cook and follow recipes — The family deeply values a healthy and active lifestyle, and place an emphasis on fresh, healthy gluten free meals
- Open to traveling often and have a valid passport
- Organized (If you feel at peace in the Container Store, and you find joy in creating systems/lists, this may be the job for you!)
- Can take direction easily
- Superb time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Flexibility + Adaptability are KEY! Must be up for changing circumstances, priorities, and schedules as required
- Positive, engaging and innately helpful
- Service oriented
- Happy to tag-team with mom and be helpful for whatever is needed
- Experience traveling with multiple kids (packing and unpacking)
- Knowledge of homeopathics, natural remedies, and clean ingredients is a plus but not required
To apply for this job email your details to Ariana@TheGrapevineLA.com