Salary: 50K DOE
Location: Los Angeles Office
Our client, a very high profile and successful non-profit organization, that provides children with basic necessities, seeks a strong Operations Assistant to support the COO. Over the course in time, the organization has distributed over 200 million items to children in varying capacities of need. During the COVID crisis, this organization was extremely instrumental in providing basic needs to a large distribution of people.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Operations Assistant is responsible for maintaining office facilities, answering phones and general inquiries, supporting staff and programs, and ensuring smooth day-to-day operations.
The Operations Assistant will work Monday-Friday. The work is performed in an office setting.
Duties + Responsibilities
- Assists the Chief Operating Officer, ensures the workspace remains organized, clean and safe.
- Answers phone and directs calls as required.
- Greets and signs in visitors including volunteers, social workers and supporters.
- Provides general clerical support, including copying, scanning, filing and transporting documents as needed.
- Manages info email account.
- Maintains and troubleshoots the organization’s facilities and related systems (phone, internet, office equipment, IT, security, cleaning, etc.) with help from outside vendors.
- Manages basic office needs including stocking and ordering adequate supplies for program and general office operations.
- Reads and routes all incoming mail and deliveries, processes outgoing mail.
- Assists with sending tax acknowledgement letters.
- Keeps track of receipts for expense reports.
- Assists with onboarding new employees.
- Assists with preparation of routine office meetings and events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years’ experience in an administrative capacity
- Strong client and customer-service skills.
- Ability to work independently, be self-directed, assess priorities, and take initiative to excel without significant supervision.
- Organized with a strong attention to detail and follow up, and able to work in a team environment.
- Strong written and oral communication with the ability to speak professionally and with confidence.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software and Google Apps suite.
- Valid Driver’s License and the ability to run errands using the company vehicle.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org