Household/Personal Assistant for Entertainment Couple
Location: Los Feliz — This role is currently hybrid. The candidate will be primarily on-site at the Principals’ home or working from the candidate’s own home.
Schedule: Monday through Friday. The hours held are generally 9am-5:30pm, with an hour lunch, but flexibility on start/end times is required, in addition to the ability to work overtime on an evening or a weekend when it is needed.
Compensation: $80k++ DOE, plus health insurance, 2 weeks paid vacation, sick days, holidays paid/off
A lovely couple in Los Feliz is seeking an incredible household and personal assistant to join their small team. There is a long time Chief of Staff in place who you will report to. The environment is very causal and down to earth, but everyone understands how to remain professional and works with efficiency and a true service mentality. The couple has plans to grow their family in the near future, so we would love to find someone who is comfortable/experienced working in a home with children. There are dogs in the home, so please also be pet friendly and willing to help with them if needed.
Personality fit is of the utmost importance for this family and team, and therefore they are being very patient and selective for the right fit. The ideal candidate is service oriented, positive, kind, grounded, calm, and brings a great attitude to work every day. A really strong sense of judgment and self assurance to work autonomously is imperative for this role — there will be no hand holding. We are seeking an innate problem solver who is naturally organized. The couple work from home, and have a lot of VIP’s who visit. Must be able to act with discretion at all times and be sensitive to that nature.
The Los Feliz home is approximately 3,000 sf, with another property in New York, and a potential new property in the Santa Barbara area. This position will have room for growth as there will be several projects to manage and assist with all properties. The couple would like to have someone who can hit the ground running, and handle all tasks without being micromanaged, as they are very hands – off. There could be a need for light travel from time to time, so prospective candidates must remain flexible for this and be as cool as a cucumber in the event there are last minute changes.
As an Assistant, we are looking for a candidate that thrives in a high touch, fast paced, and dynamic environment. This role is a mixture of hands-on house/personal assistant support and administrative support. A successful candidate will be able to switch between these two contexts seamlessly. The ideal candidate has a strong aptitude for problem solving, a passion for personalized support, and is energized by detail oriented execution. They excel at multitasking and have the ability to prioritize tasks accordingly. The candidate should also be able to troubleshoot issues effectively and provide creative solutions in a timely manner. While there is a direct supervisor available for guidance and support, the overall supervision style is hands-off. A well-suited candidate will display a strong sense of self-governance, high level of responsiveness without follow up, and be able to arrive at solutions using their own resourcefulness.
- Routine house management like checking physical mail, maintaining/creating organization systems, checking inventory and restocking personal and household products, maintaining consistency of house management standards, procedures, and services.
- Managing and coordinating a personal calendar for 2 principals and the household operations like health appointments, restaurant reservations, personal meetings, petcare and household-related appointments
- Maintaining physical and cloud databases for Principals’ personal and household operations from vital documents and personal contacts to essential travel information and vendor contacts
- Booking and coordinating point-to-point travel and creating travel itineraries for principals
- Running personal errands such as dry cleaning, routine prescription refills and pick ups, processing and tracking returns, taking the dogs to the vet, and preparing principals for travel.
- Supporting Supervisor with special project tasks like assisting in researching vendors, contractors, services, or products for special projects like event planning and gift purchases.
- Performing other duties as assigned or required; responsibilities will vary with Principals’ needs.
- Must have dependable car, valid driver’s license and car insurance
- Strong computer and tech skills with the ability to use G suite and other programs necessary to carry out job functions, including workflow management programs, cloud databases, employee time clock, and smart home systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must handle all tasks, information, and activities with the utmost discretion, integrity and confidentiality
- Must like dogs
- High customer service orientation – highly responsive, strong interpersonal and communication skills, wants to deliver great results at all times
- Organized – excellent at time and project management, has clear systems and composure to deal with multiple tasks at once and ensures everything gets done in a timely manner
- Relationship-oriented – extremely people focused with the ability to develop effective working relationships
- Good judgment – highly professional and diplomatic, knows when to ask for help or advice, is perceptive and practical
- Flexible – must be able to perform successfully in a fast-paced environment; doesn’t get frustrated by priorities changing; open to feedback, adjusts to different working styles
- Team player – proactively seeks opportunities to help others, will go above and beyond in order to get the job done
- Strong intellectual curiosity and problem solver – a creative thinker, interested in the big picture
- Self-motivated – a “can-do” attitude with an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to take on an increasing level of responsibility
To apply for this job email your details to Ariana@TheGrapevineLA.com