Location: Pacific Palisades
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 40 hours/week with occasional evenings and weekends
Compensation: $35/hour+ DOE
A couple residing in Pacific Palisades seeks an experienced and reliable housekeeper to manage their household. The home consists of a couple and one dog, and the role will require assistance in maintaining their residence and ensuring its smooth operation.
This position is unique in that the couple is only in residence for five months out of the year. When they are in town, the schedule will be 5 days per week, typically Monday to Friday, although there may be an occasional need for an evening shift or weekend day here and there. When the couple and their dog are away, the workload will be minimal, scaling down to organizing spaces in the home (garage, cabinets, etc), dusting, and deep cleans only as needed, ensuring the property remains in good condition.
Effective communication and coordination with the house manager will be essential to ensure that tasks are completed efficiently and to the couple’s satisfaction. The ideal candidate should be open to taking on occasional projects and additional tasks as needed, with a proactive and detail-oriented approach to their work. The couple is usually in town for the Thanksgving holiday, and may need assistance during that time. Wonderful opportunity for an efficient, responsible, self-starter who is eager to help a lovely couple with their home!
- Perform deep cleaning and overall maintenance of the residence.
- Keep track of household inventory and supplies.
- Manage laundry, including ironing if necessary.
- Ensure smoke detectors have functioning batteries and change filters as needed.
- Run errands as required.
- Assist with light cooking or reheating meals (from the chef) when needed.
- Provide occasional care for the dog, including feeding and walking.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and your own vehicle.
- Ability to manage household tasks independently and efficiently.
- Comfortable working with occasional weekend or evening shifts.
- Understanding of managing an unoccupied house during the owners’ absence.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the household, including accommodating the presence of family members or guests.
The hired employee will have the flexibility to create their own work schedule in the couple’s absence, as long as all tasks are completed in their entirety.
To apply for this job email your details to Ariana@TheGrapevineLA.com