Schedule: Monday to Friday — Available 9am – 7pm on weekdays and after hours/weekends, as needed. Some Holidays required.
Compensation: $125k+ DOE, plus health insurance, vacation, sick time
A large and fun family in Calabasas is seeking a hyper organized, proactive, seasoned estate manager to manage their home. We are seeking someone with at least 3 years of directly applicable House Manager experience in a large-scale home/property. This candidate needs to already possess a firm grasp of the ins and outs of running a property. We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running with a checklist of property maintenance items and a rolodex of vendors. Our ideal candidate understands how to offer 5-star service to the principal and their guests on the property.
Family is looking for someone who is positive, friendly, upbeat — someone who is professional and switched on at all times. The ideal candidate is a team player, but also a great manager and delegator, and will take accountability, providing clear explanation if/when things go wrong. The home is fully staffed and the team is amazing – everyone works very well together, so it will take a special person who can jump right in, mesh with the others, and hit the ground running. We would like to find someone who has experience running large estates (10,000sf+) and has worked with house manuals, preferably having a rolodex of contacts of their own to bring to the table. Previous experience working for a boss with high standards, impeccable taste, and a strong opinion is a must.
There are other properties that the family owns, and from time to time this person will liaise with the staff running those properties as well — coordinating vendor schedules when the family takes a trip out of town, etc. We are seeking someone kid and animal friendly, honest, trustworthy, and dependable. MUST have a proven track record of working with a family in a large home, preferably with longevity in each role, and have a squeaky clean background check. Ideal candidates live locally to Calabasas in case of an immediate need after hours. This family is looking for a long term fit who will love and care for their home as if it were their own!
Duties will include:
- Conduct regular walk-throughs of the home and grounds and daily checklists
- Schedule, supervise, and upkeep maintenance schedules for household vendors: HVAC, electrician, plumbing, generator, well systems, etc.
- Supervise construction and renovation projects, from design to coordination of schedules and daily oversight of subcontractors.
- Maintain and update household manuals, menus, guest guide books, inventories, etc.
- Develop shopping lists for all household requirements (cleaning, maintenance, food, liquor, etc). Order and maintain household supply inventories: cleaning supplies, beverages, and snacks, etc.
- Maintain seasonal routines and procedures for the household interior and exterior needs: landscaping, window washing, power washing, etc.
- Manage the grounds, including landscaping, and pool
- Ensure that all appliances are fully functioning at all times
- Identify and schedule repairs
- Screen and oversee vendors
- Compare multiple bids and estimates
- Supervise work and review invoices (ensure invoices match up with the work performed)
- Maintain storage unit and closet organization. In some cases, develop new organizational systems
- Coordinate onsite activities and provide day-to-day direction of onsite staff (housekeepers, etc)
- Car maintenance and washing schedules
- Handle and care for fine furniture and collectibles.
- Provide occasional assistance with travel and lodging plans
- Oversee all events and dinner parties, orchestrating staff accordingly.
- Greet guests and provide formal (but comfortable) service during visit.
4-Year College Degree. At least 3 years of directly applicable experience as a house manager/property manager/hospitality concierge required. Candidate needs to have previously managed a large-scale home or property (boutique hotel, inn, vacation homes, etc) and be familiar with a high standard of service and hospitality. We will only consider candidates with a proven track record of operating in a trustworthy and discreet manner.
*Must pass an extensive background and credit check. Must provide multiple references
To apply for this job email your details to domestic@TheGrapevineLA.com