Location: Baldwin Hills/Culver City
Salary: 120k-135k + DOE + health insurance
Schedule: Monday – Friday, part of the week in office and part of the week remotely
Non-profit organization that provides necessities to under privileged families.
Reporting to the Co-CEOs, the Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for strengthening the organizations brand and advancing its mission through strategic marketing, social media and public relations initiatives. This individual will oversee all external marketing and communication materials with a goal of maximizing national awareness for the organization and connecting with new donors.
The ideal candidate will be an expert writer and innovative marketing professional who has successfully led the development of a wide range of deliverables including social media efforts, digital assets, printed collateral, video projects, newsletters and more.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Further develops and implements a comprehensive strategic marketing & communications plan to strengthen and advance organizations brand and mission.
- Partners with leadership to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with high-level external audiences, including high-ranking corporate executives, media, donors, public officials, and key influencers.
- Creates new and innovative collateral to describe the organization’s work and shares new developments in a way that is compelling and relevant to priority audiences; oversees all marketing and communications materials including website, newsletter, social media, decks, one sheets and all collateral.
- Manages social media strategy with support from Social Media Marketing Manager.
- Oversees all marketing and communication materials including website, newsletter, social media, decks, one sheets and all collateral.
- Oversees all PR efforts for events and year-round; serves as lead point of contact for external PR agency.
- Leads the development of all presentations, speeches, talking points and press messages for leadership team.
- Serves as the lead writer and copyeditor for organization-wide materials and communications.
- Ensures all of the organization’s visual and written communications are on brand.
- Manages all photo shoots and filming projects.
- Develops and fosters strong working relationships across the organization to achieve organization goals and priorities.
- Leads the organization’s strategic communications efforts and helps to elevate the powerful stories of the organization, its programs and advocacy campaigns; this person will be a strategic thought partner to all Program directors, shaping communications strategy to meet organizational goals with an emphasis on elevating the organization’s brand.
- Monitors analytics across all digital marketing efforts to optimize performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 8 years prior marketing, communications and/or public relations experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, preferably Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, etc.
- Strong leadership qualities and experience managing a team; embraces collaboration within and across teams.
- Knowledge of current marketing and communication principles and strategies.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment that requires strong multitasking, organization and time management skills and a self-starter mentality.
- Experience working with senior leadership and executive teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience communicating with high-profile clients / celebrities / VIPs.
- Effective project management skills.
- Experience working with ad agencies and external vendors.
- A creative, out-of-the-box thinker.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Adobe Photoshop.
- Strong understanding of Adobe creative platforms including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator is not required but is a major plus.
- Social Media Marketing Manager
- Marketing Assistant
To apply for this job email your details to Ariana@TheGrapevineLA.com